Skip to main content
- 1749. Town voted to support the gospel
- 1763, first meeting house was built in Peterborough and decided to seek a minister
- 1772/1777, second meeting house was built on East Hill
- While building the church, the workers had daily rum rations
- Starting in 1834, two stoves provided heat, then in1876, they were replaced by a furnace
- Usually two hour services plus an afternoon service
- In 1926, the church no longer sold pews. Pew records retained
- New slate roof in 1975, at a cost of $15,000.
- 1976 Sesquicentennial (150th year) and restoration of church.